|Location:||East Spencer, NC|
|Salary:||$13.50 – $15.00 Per Hour|
JOB DESCRIPTION: Administrative Assistant/Utility Clerk
REPORTS TO: Town Clerk
Performs responsible skilled administrative support work performing a variety of complex office assistance and administrative tasks; does related work as required. Work is performed under moderate supervision. Work requires reaching, fingering, and repetitive motions; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, operation of machines, and determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work; the worker is not subject to adverse environmental conditions. Works also include traveling within the Town counting trash receptacles and ensuring each resident is properly charge for each.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receiving, screening, and processing telephone calls; typing, word processing, and data processing duties; maintaining records and files; preparing reports.
- Receives calls and callers for the department and ascertains nature of business, assists callers or directs to appropriate authority for disposition.
- Maintains complex and detailed files and records; maintains database.
- Update trash utility accounts and ensure accuracy of each account
- Answers questions and responds to inquiries or complaints on department and/or City operations, policies, and procedures.
- Receives, processes, and enters a variety of information into computer system; submits data to outside agencies as required.
- Checks and reviews a variety of data for accuracy, completeness, and conformance to established standards and procedures.
- Orders and stocks office supplies and department forms; maintains office equipment supplies and requests repairs as required. Performs related tasks as required.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school supplemented by course work in business administration and moderate office assistance experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Thorough knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, equipment, and office administrative techniques; thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, and arithmetic; thorough knowledge of the organization and functions of the department and of general administrative policies and practices; ability to keep office records and to prepare accurate reports from file sources; ability to perform and organize work independently; ability to prepare effective correspondence on routine matters and to perform routine office management details without referral to supervisor; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and the general public.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to properly fill out facility logs and reports as well be able to communicate effectively in an emergency situation
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to work with the public (all ages)
- Ability to prioritize duties and complete tasks within a timely manor
- Ability to communicate with the public tactfully and courteously
- Commitment to promoting the positive image Lincolnwood aquatics
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is often required to walk, sit, stand, reach with hand and arms, talk, and hear. The employee may lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Employee must be able to sit or stand for a period of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment varies between low and, moderate.
To apply for this job please visit townofeastspencer.org.